new home design
My goal is to design a house that goes beyond your highest expectations while keeping construction costs in mind, a balancing act I perform to make sure you stay within your building budget. I will answer all your questions concerning the construction, design, timing, plan documents, property information, etc.
Estimated Design Costs
Refer to the following examples for an estimate and new home design fees.
- Simple: $2.00 x 1480 Sq.Ft. = $2500-$3500
- Moderate: $2.15 x 1820 Sq.Ft. = $3500-$5000
- Complex: $2.30 x 3250 Sq.Ft. = $6500-$8000
- Executive: $2.50 x 4470 Sq.Ft. = $9500-$15000
Types of Pricing
I will give you an estimate so you know approximately the total cost to draw your new home. There is no cost to you to come to my home office or zoom call for our first meeting.
Design Time relates to the initial layout of the floor plan and/or elevation structure. It can also relate to requested changes to the design that require further thought and time spent on the layout and elevations. I rarely charge for Design time on smaller plans because I can often visualize how a plan and elevation will come together congruently. Design time is charged at $325.00 per hour over and above the standard pricing listed below.
Consultation: Up to two hours of consultation are included in all new projects. However, consultation does not cover the time reworking plans together at the office or on the computer via online meetings. Charges will incur in 15-minute intervals. Consultation is charged at $285.00 per hour over and above the standard pricing listed below.
Rework relates to most of the changes made to a plan after it’s been through the preliminary design stage. Most plans have typical smaller changes and are included with the price of the plan. If you wish to take a different direction from the original ideas or wish to explore other alternatives in the design and layout, then rework charges will apply. Rework is charged at $245.00 per hour over and above the standard pricing listed below.
House Plan Pricing
- Base plan charges are $1.10 cents per total square foot of the Main and/or Second floor and Bonus room if any. Fully detailed to code, plan including all four elevations, ready for Permit and Construction.
- Gables are $65.00 per unit. I.e. number of gables, box or bay windows, dormers, cantilevers, etc. in each elevation view.
- Jogs are $75.00 per unit. I.e. number of jogs, box or bay windows, dormers, open floor interior jogs on each floor including third-stall-garage jogs if any.
- Angled Exterior jogs including angled garage walls – $95.00 per elevation view.
- Stone on elevations – $75.00 per elevation view.
- Brick on elevations – $95.00 per elevation view. (Requires more foundation detail.)
- Daylight or Walkout – $95.00 for each partial or full elevation view.
- Lower Level Area – $0.65 cents per square foot finished and/or future.
- Span-Crete Garage Floors – $260
- Zero-Step Foundations – $350
- Any other work such as Plot Maps, Interior Elevations, or Cross Sections of special walls, bookcases, fireplaces, frill, etc., will be $245.00 per hour
- Builders Only – Derivative Plans: Up to 1 hour of free consultation or updating of any codes/details are included on duplicated plans only. Consultation (phone calls and meetings) and rework above the 1 hour will be charged at $245.00 per hour.
Please contact my office for an appointment and to receive a more accurate estimate of your home design needs. Any quotes over the phone without seeing the plan/idea/sketches are approximate estimates only.
I require 1/3 to 1/2 payment down once I get started. I will send out an invoice when I begin.